Residence permit, verblijfsvergunning

If you want to live and work in the Netherlands, you may require a residence and work permit, depending on your nationality.

  • If you stay shorter than three months

If your stay in the Netherlands is for 90 days or less, your situation may require a tourist visa. This visa grants you the right to stay in the Netherlands. Foreign nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland are exempt from the visa requirement. Full details can be found on the website of The Immigration- & Naturalisation Service (IND).  

  • If you stay longer than three months

If you want to stay the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you have to apply for a residence permit (verblijfsvergunning) at the Immigration- & Naturalisation Service (IND) in the Netherlands. More information can be found on the website of IND.

You can contact the IND for more information.