Residence permit

If you want to live and work in the Netherlands, you may require a residence and work permit, depending on your nationality.

Is your stay in the Netherlands 90 days or less? Then you require a tourist visa. This visa grants you the right to stay in the Netherlands. Foreign nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland do not have to have this visa. You can read all about it on the website of The Immigration- & Naturalisation Service (IND).

Is your stay longer than three months? If you want to stay the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you have to apply for a residence permit ('verblijfsvergunning' in Dutch) at the Immigration- & Naturalisation Service (IND) in the Netherlands.

You can find more information on the website of IND of you can contact the IND.